Polling site for City of Chetek residents - 220 Stout Street (city hall)
Use back entrance - Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
2020 Election Schedule:
- Spring Primary Election - Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Spring General Election & Presidential Preference - Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Special Congressional District #7 - Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Partisan Primary Election - Tuesday, August 11, 2020
- Fall General Election - Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Voter Information: https://myvote.wi.gov This site will give you information about registering, request an absentee ballot, find your polling place, and see what’s on a ballot
Wisconsin Elections Commission - https://elections.wi.gov Candidates - click on the “local candidates” tab. Chetek is a “non-partisan” You will find the necessary paperwork to run for local offices under this tab. Voters - click on the “voter” tab for election information
Municipal Elections - Chetek holds municipal elections every year. The City’s six elected officials includes a mayor, four (4) council members, and a municipal judge. Council members serve their designated ward and represent the entire city. Council and mayor terms are for two years and the municipal judge serves a four-year term. Council terms are staggered so no more than two council members are elected each year. In the event three (3) or more people run for any given position, a spring primary shall be held in February. The regular spring election is held on the first Tuesday every April.
Running for city offices - Citizens seeking election must file nomination papers. Circulation of nomination papers begins December 1st prior to the year seeking office. Papers must be received by the municipal clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. the first Tuesday of January of the year seeking office. Click on this link for forms: https://elections.wi.gov/candidates/local/non-partisan
State and Federal Elections are held in even-numbered years. Primary elections are held for state and federal elections on the first Tuesday after the second Monday in August.
Use this link to register, check the status of your absentee ballot, check your voter history and Lots of Election Info.
- Please visit: https://myvote.wi.gov/
State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
The State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board has all the forms available for download at their web site. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.
GAB-121 Absentee Ballot Request
- English Absentee Ballot Request: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-english
- Spanish Absentee Ballot Request: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-spanish
- Hmong Absentee Ballot Request: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-121-hmong