New Resident Information

Welcome to the City of Chetek!


Residential water bills are sent out every month and include water, sewer, storm water and refuse collection fees. If you have questions about your bill please call (715) 924-4838. Your bill may be paid at City Hall M-F 8:00AM-4:00PM, at either dropbox location (outside Gordy's or at City Hall) or online. For Public Utilities emergencies call (715) 642-3029 (available 24 hours).

Garbage and Recycling

A maximum of three (3) 33-gallon containers may be put out for pickup. Please have your garbage out early in the morning or the night before if in containers. Only normal household garbage should be put out. Construction material will not be picked up. You can pay to have household items picked up by contacting City Hall.  In the event you have more than three (3) containers for pick up, you may purchase specially marked bags from City Hall for $2.00 each. These bags may be placed with your regular garbage for pick up.

Households with occupants age 60 and older are eligible for a senior citizen garbage rate if the home is your primary residency. Inquire at City Hall.

Location of Recycling Bins are at 209 Water Street and 708 Tainter Street.

Winter Snow Removal

In order to facilitate the efficient and expeditious removal of snow from City streets during winter months, it shall be unlawful for any vehicle to park on any City street from November 1 to April 1 from 2:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m.

Voter Registration

Please register to vote! Visit the MyVote Wisconsin website to get information on how to register and where to vote.

Building or Remodeling?

Before you start your project check to see whether or not a building permit is needed and the zoning requirements are met. Call (715) 764-2948 for more information.

Curfew Hours

Because of safety concerns, there is a city ordinance (Chapter 62) regarding curfew enforcement for individuals under the age of 18. 

Dog Licenses

You are allowed to have two dogs per household and will need to show a current rabies vaccination certificate. The licensing year runs from Jan 1 to Dec 31. When walking your dog don't forget its leash and your pooper scooper.

Noise Ordinance

Creating an unreasonable noise disturbance is unlawful any time of the day. Between the hours of 10 PM and 7 AM you cannot disturb your neighborhood with noise from construction, machinery, parties or gatherings, etc. Please review the the city ordinance (Chapter 62) for more information.

Rental Properties

All rental properties must be registered with the City. Contact (715) 924-4838 for rules and regulations.

Snow and City Sidewalks

It is the responsibility of the owner or occupant of any lot or parcel to remove all snow and ice which may have fallen or accumulated upon the sidewalk in front of such lot or parcel. When ice has so formed that it cannot be removed, the owner or occupant shall keep the same sprinkled with a material which will prevent the sidewalk from being dangerous to pedestrians.